Tuesday 19 January 2016

Wishing on a 3am star!

Our little 'kernel' (Enya) of' 'light' (Lucia) has now grown from cot size to school girl size and flourishes into this little lovely lady with personality and ever more sophisticated words - who can be so profound sometimes and so funny other times or even both. I cannot skip this night time episode when in the wee hours of the morning a sleepless voice with small feet made my eyes go wide open into the darkness with a surprising statement for 3 am: Mummy I saw a shooting star, come over and have a look! I was watching the stars in the sky from my bedroom window and all of a sudden one star fell off the sky and I saw it shooting. Who would have thought all of these twinkly little dots would be watched by a 5 year old star dreamer - awake in such early hours?  How quickly I got in her bedroom is needless and irrelevant, but I remember that the next moment I was standing there all convinced there will be another one shooting that she made sure I wasn't going to miss. Mummy I made a wish when i saw the shooting star. What wish did you make? I wished to have real wings and fly up in the air! These words were guaranteed to cancel the effect of being woken up too early just to watch the night sky. The aspiration of my 5 year old is one that some of us may spend a lifetime trying to find -  embracing it all! 

No comments: