Wednesday 23 September 2009

The big day of the bike virgin! :))

After possibly four years of procrastination, I finally christened my very own bike, I cycled it yesterday for the very first time (like a bike virgin - as Paul said it! lol )
A few years ago, we went to Rutland Water, hired two bikes and it was the first time for me since childhood, when I got back on a bicycle.
Then, we knew what we were getting each other for that Christmas, and we did! Only that unlike Paul, who finds cycling like walking (piece of pudding), I wanted a bike to re-discover cycling and become a confident bike-rider.
And NOW, four! years later, I am using my 4-year old brand new bike (does that make any sense?) for the first time!!!!
I've finally blessed it and it was a blessing for me as I loved it!! (not talking about the monkey bum aches I currently have, it's part of the fun). I do have a picture to prove my achievement! I was bike-brave yesterday!
It may sound hilarious to others, but it was an ACHIEVEMENT to me and a big progress! And now that it's my new passtime I'm very keen to do it again! I did what the old saying tells: Do something that scares you every day!
So if anyone out there in my town sees a plum jacket-dressed bike-freak that can't steer and and looks part of a comedy show, that's me!
Keep away and pretend you didn't see me! And certainly don't drive past me!

No comments: