Monday 10 November 2008

Wonderland room making

Last week was fabric themed for me as I was dealing with 26 metres of it, dilligently attempting to make two sets of bedroom curtains, using and ab-using my sewing machine - I didn't actually know it was a success until Friday when they were finally put up. I must admit, even though I made curtains once before, I initially thought I probably was too brave this time, considering the increase in curtain size and number. It was such a relief, seeing the 2 weeks of curtain making were finally looking to have been worth all the measuring, cutting, stiching, ironing, sewing, calculating , thinking.
My fabric furnishing fortnight culminated with last Saturday when the 4 metres left of the curtain fabric were used to upholster our very own headboard, which quite frankly took all day, a lot of patience and a lot of creative stamina. Well the result was a room like a little Wonderland, in fact now opening the door into there is a bit like Lewis Carrol's Alice's adventures, a room with a new view, that of a real retreat, very close to a fantasy escape from reality - it's got that story book sweetness and soothing pleasure about being in it, the raspberry coloured warmth.. The only bit of problem will now be the morning waking in this blackout space, after a long while of daylight 'alarm clock', as the old curtains couldn't deal with keeping the morning light out, now it will be endless sweet dreams and surely sweet cosy sleep!
I must sit down and get some pictures uploaded that can talk for themselves! Until than (which I hope will be soon), l e t t h e i n s p i r a t i o n b e o u r g u i d e !

No comments: